Dead Sea salt has been used for centuries for treating dermatological conditions, and cleaning and soothing the skin. It is so much more than your average sea salt.
Extraordinary climatic and environmental conditions make the Dead Sea truly remarkable place, and its salt deposits are unlike anything else in the world.
If you’re looking for an all-natural, simple, but powerful way to give your skin some TLC, treat pesky skin conditions, or simply cleanse away dirt, oils and imperfections, it’s hard to go past our NEW 100% Pure Dead Sea Salt. Let’s take a look at how it can help you.
What makes Dead Sea so special?
A true wonder of nature, the infamous Dead Sea lies landlocked in the Middle East between the regions of Jordan and Israel. While it’s been dubbed the Dead Sea (because no life can exist there), it’s actually not a sea, but rather a salt-water lake.
What makes the Dead Sea unique is that the salinity is much greater than that of any other body of water. In fact, according to scientists, the water is nearly 10 times saltier than that of oceans. Along with a very high concentration of sodium chloride, the water is also rich in a number of minerals that are advantageous to overall health. This, along with the clean, unpolluted air and pleasant weather provide an invigorating environment that is truly unlike any other in the world.
The Dead Sea’s abundance of therapeutic properties has led many to travel to its shores and soak in the majestic waters. While it’s known to benefit the whole body from the inside out, usage as the treatment for an array of skin conditions is particularly popular and promising. The unique composition of the water helps it to penetrate the skin deeply without causing irritation. This is because the salt from the Dead Sea contains more than 21 minerals, all of which have been proven to nourish and treat skin in a variety of ways, leading to improved hydration and rejuvenation, allowing to feel and look healthier (and often much younger!).
What are the benefits of Dead Sea Salt for your skin?
As mentioned above, Dead Sea Salt contains 10X more minerals than normal sea salt. Minerals which can assist in cleansing, detoxifying, and restoring a healthy status quo to the body, especially the skin and muscles. These minerals include:
Magnesium – Magnesium is great for detoxifying and cleansing the epidermis. It promotes the cell metabolism, and in turn helps heal damaged or inflamed skin.
Calcium – Calcium also promotes skin growth and regeneration, moisture retention through the production of sebum, and stimulates the production of antioxidants.
Sodium – Sodium helps cleanse and exfoliate the skin, neutralise free radicals which can degenerate skin cells, and relieve sore muscles.
Zinc – Zinc also helps heal and rejuvenate skin, ward off acne, and protects the skin’s lipids and fibroblasts cells that create collagen.
Potassium – Potassium is great for keeping skin moist and plump, and for reducing puffiness.
Sulphur – Sulphur helps decongest pores. It also has powerful healing, antifungal, antimicrobial, and antibacterial properties.
Acne is one of the most common skin disorders of all. In fact, roughly 80% of all adolescents suffer from it at some point in their lives. Pure Dead Sea salt is very high in sulfur, which has been proven to work as a powerful cleanser used to treat and prevent blemishes and reduce and soothe skin inflammation.
Various studies have also proven that Dead Sea salt has tremendous healing effects on psoriasis. Working in a variety of ways to alleviate discomfort, Dead Sea salt helps to strengthens skin tissue, improve blood circulation, eliminate toxins and balance the skin’s natural pH levels.
Dead Sea salt can also help to treat eczema by exfoliating dead skin cells, rehydrating the skin and restoring depleted minerals. This aids in calming any itch, pain or other side effects, as well as disinfecting the treated area. The antiseptic properties of the Dead Sea salt remove irritants and impurities, which can greatly reduce the number of skin infections.
A relaxing bath in our 100% Pure Dead Sea Bath Salt will:
• Help calm skin allergies, eczema, and psoriasis: A soothing bath in Dead Sea salt water can work wonders for skin allergies and conditions. The rich minerals work to exfoliate dead skin, help calm inflammation, and fight off allergens and microbes.
• Soothes sore joints and muscles: A long, hot soak in Dead Sea salt water is a brilliant way to relax, unwind, and sooth those aching joints and muscles. Bromide helps ease muscle cramps, while the anti-inflammatory and detoxifying agents help reduce joint swelling, soreness and stiffness.
• A natural exfoliator: The gentle, yet abrasive texture of Dead Sea salt makes it an excellent exfoliator, which combined with its high sodium content, helps slough off dead skin cells and flakes, leaving you with fresh, revitalised skin.
• Replenishes skin moisture: Minerals like calcium, zinc and potassium work to promote moisture retention, helping your skin stay soft, plump and hydrated.
• Purifies your pores: Dead Sea salt has wonderful antifungal, antimicrobial, and antibacterial properties that help cleanse and detoxify the pores by driving out oils, dirt and other impurities. This helps to eliminate acne, pimples, blackheads and whiteheads.
• Help fight off pro-aging free radicals: Many of the minerals in Dead Sea salt fight off oxidation in the skill cells by eliminating free radicals, helping your skin looking younger and more vibrant. It’s fibroblast-protecting and hydrating properties also help to keep the skin looking plump and refreshed.
DISCOVER IT FOR YOURSELF!
Shop our NEW 100% Pure Dead Sea Bath Salt
Immerse yourself in the Dead Sea’s healing waters at home, for a completely unique, restorative spa experience. Detoxify and hydrate skin while bathing in our naturally therapeutic bath treatment. Soak in the benefits of 100% natural minerals and nutrients found in Dead Sea bath salts, including magnesium, calcium, and potassium.
For further questions or a customized advice you can of course always contact us.